PLATTEVILLE, Wis. – The University of Wisconsin-Platteville men's basketball team (3-0) remains undefeated after a 76-63 victory over Washington University (2-2) on Bo Ryan Court. Junior Quentin Shields scored 29 points and senior Carter Voelker scored 20 points.
- The Pioneers established an early 11-2 lead less than five minutes into play.
- Shields and Carter scored the teams first 15 points and combined for 27 of the team's 42 first half points.
- Overall, the Pioneers shot 53.3% (16-of-30) from the field while the Bears shot just 34.4% (11-of-32) in the first half.
- UW-Platteville entered halftime leading Wash U 42-31.
- Shields had 13 points in the second half which included knocking down 3-of-4 three point attempts.
- Voelker scored nine points in the half on 3-of-7 from behind the arc.
- The Pioneers shared the ball well and had six assists to the Bears' one.
- The Pioneers shot 42.9% (6-of-14) from three point range during the second half and the Bears shot 40% (2-of-5).
- UW-Platteville improved to 3-0 on the season.
- Wash U fell to 2-2.
- The Pioneers had 11 assists and held Wash U to just three assists.
- Shields finished with 29 points including 6-of-7 on three pointers and led the team with six rebounds.
- Voelker finished with 20 points and also hit six three pointers and led the team with three assists.
- Junior Justin Stovall had seven points, four rebounds and two assists.
- UW-Platteville finished 50.9% (29-of-57) from the field and shot 46.7% (14-of-30) from beyond the three-point arc. Wash U finished 23-of-57 (40.4%) and 35.7% (5-of-14) from the three-point line.
- The Pioneers took just six free throw attempts (4-of-6) while the Bears shot 70.6% (12-of-17).
The Pioneers will return to action on Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 7 p.m. when they host Concordia Chicago.